As you know, 2017 is a year of transition, where we will bring all of the participating organizations onto the new Bright system. We anticipate this conversion process will be complete in early 2018. During this year, a lot of exciting progress and new changes are happening to prepare the new Bright MLS. Here is information on some of these changes:
Progress on the new Bright MLS website
The new website will welcome subscribers to the Bright community and give them information, alerts and easy access to their tools within the system. It will include a menu that’s available anywhere in the system, news from offices and associations, and convenient notifications of important updates or changes subscribers need to make within the system. Subscribers will not have access to the new site until they convert to Bright. See the tentative conversion schedule below.
Work continues on preparing search and report options within Bright
The setup of the Bright MLS system is well underway so you can use it later this year when you convert. It brings together all of the information about a particular property and presents them in a unified way through:
- Reports that include listing and Public Records sales and information
- A map with clickable parcels and combined MLS and Public Records information in the popup
- A full 360 Public Records report that includes flood reports, sales, the most recent listing, and more
When will I see access to the broader Bright market? Conversion dates set for Central Pennsylvania Associations
While you can search the expanded market now on Homesnap, the conversion of markets into one unified Bright system will happen later this year. Conversion dates have been set for the following Central Pennsylvania Associations.
- September 18: Lancaster County Association of REALTORS® and Lebanon County Association of REALTORS®
- October 23: Greater Harrisburg Association of REALTORS®
- November 13: The REALTORS® Association of York and Adams County
While the specific dates have not been finalized for other areas of the Bright market, you can expect these conversions around the following times:
- Mid-November: Sussex County Association of REALTORS®
- Early December: Coastal Association of REALTORS®
- December: Cumberland County Board of REALTORS®
- November 2017 – March 2018: MRIS and TREND
We will let you know when more dates have been finalized.